Monday, November 9, 2009

Pwoggie Bloggie Roundup - Now With EXTRA Bold Flavor

It's been a while since we roped and branded a few pwoggie doggies, so here's the health care insurance reform legislation wrap up:

Alas, A Pwog - "This is a wonderful historic landmark bill that will solve everything. Except for the Stupak amendment."

Balk the Left - "This is a wonderful historic landmark bill that will solve everything. Except for the Stupak amendment."

Diggly Wiggly - "I'm a little disapointed in my boyfriend."

Gesundheit - "This doesn't really have anything to do with me, does it?

Newspwoggers - "This is a wonderful historic landmark bill that will solve everything. Except for the Stupak amendment."

Obot Left - DAMMAGE CONTROL! RED ALERT! RELEASE THE MONKEYS! ALL OBOTS REPORT TO OBOT CENTRAL FOR RATIONALIZATION AND EXCUSE MAKING UPDATES!!!1!!

Pandadroppings - "So this Stupak amendment is really wrong and, hey, did someone just compare me to Glenn Beck? TEH OUTRAGE!!!"

Pwogman - "HRC is an imporatant, um, er, did you know that Sen Franken (D-AIPAC) can draw a map the United States from memory? Teh Awesum!"

Shake-A-Puddin - "Say, you know, I'm getting the feeling that Our Party doesn't really care about...oh look! Movies!"

Grampa - "I just heard this talking point your gonna love. (Mumbles a talking point from sometime around the Crimean War and falls asleep.)"

Lamey - "Suck Jizz Nipple Cock listen to me on Stephanie Miller!"

11 comments:

  1. What a perfectly elegant translation of all the bilge on the so-called "progressive" blogs. And, that seems to be pretty much what they're all saying, too: what an awesome bill, even though it sucks. But, aaa-aaanyway...

    Sorry to barge in here on the comments with this, but I couldn't find an email address for you; I just wanted to let you know that my site's been switched over to a blog format now. I just finished building out the content the other night -- thirty years' worth of stuff going back to my old Yipster Times goofiness -- and am putting the finishing touches on the new static homepage that's going to be the new front end for it all.

    The URL's the same for the static homepage, but if you want to go straight to the blog, it's at http://www.sinkers.org/stage . You can also reach me at flugennock@sinkers.org; don't use the gmail address, I just took out that account so I could start the Teabagger Watch blog.

    Happy Seattle/WTO Anniversary, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Hell. It's all over when you start letting the artistes have free rein, Smithee.

    Don't claim later on that you weren't warned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How could I resist, Ms X? His parody-fu is far stronger than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike is an anarchist, and anarchists are notorious for direct baking action.

    Dear sweet God, I love them for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, ya know, my heroes have always been macaroons...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Btw, am I the only one here who's actually welcoming the prospect of Joe Lieberman filibustering the healthcare "reform" bill to death?

    My initial reaction -- being the die-hard Lieberman hater that I am -- was oh, sweet friggin' Jayzus, it's him again! Then, as I learned more about what's actually in the goddamn' thing -- such as imprisonment for poor schlubs working at Mickey D's who can't even afford rent on a decent apartment, let alone decent health insurance; the total sellout of women's reproductive rights -- my opinion on that issue is hot damn' diggety, you go, Joe!

    Besides, I've never in my own lifetime actually seen a good, rousing filibuster in Congress, having had to settle for listening to my parents' wistful tales of the great filibusters of yore.

    My only objection now is that while I finally get to experience a real live filibuster, it's going to be delivered by Joe Lieberman, in that annoying-assed mumbly, mealy-mouthy voice of his. I mean, why couldn't it have been Joe Wilson?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have to admit, Mike, that it will lack the catharsis we'd get from just letting somebody take the whole thing out back and shoot it.

    But, whatever. Beggars can't be choosers.

    Oh, and I don't think I'll ever eat cookies again now. Thanks, Schumann. Gack.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's good to know that the crunch green bits aren't actually bits of moldy skeleton.

    Oh, and don't forget that provision allowing coverage of Christian Science prayer healing services. It'll be quite a sight seeing Holy Joe Lieberman filibustering that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My apologies for the cookie horror. They also do some very wholesome, less historically inevitable kinds of direct baking action.

    There's something disgustingly beautiful in Joe Lieberman accidentally doing the right thing. There are worse people than he, although not many, but his unctuous, smarmy, thoughtless sanctimony makes him uniquely grotesque.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Speaking of unctuous, smarmy, sanctimonious and thoughtless, Gesundheit — bless his heart — has mastered the self-involved yuppie style. As long as he's got a president who's smarter than a demented wingnut mandarin, and his feathers are unruffled by his congressman, he's doing just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Five to one odds that ol' Joe is just trying to save his own ashes for posterity, if you all get my drift.

    "...As long as he's got a president who's smarter than a demented wingnut mandarin, and his feathers are unruffled by his congressman, he's doing just fine."

    That would be my entire "progressive Mecca" in a nutshell. I'll share the relevant highlights later, after I've skimmed off enough Unemployment to buy myself some more beer.

    ReplyDelete